The whole reason why I have the urge to begin blogging again rivets around a television show, on A&E. I know that it is a pretty stupid reason, but I hope to clarify this. The show in question is "Intervention." You may be asking, "Why does that show inspire you to begin writing again?" If you care to know, please continue reading.
This is an open letter to everyone, and because of that everyone is allowed to comment on this entry. Having said that, I will be heavily moderating comments on this - due to the nature of the entry.
"Intervention" happens to strike a very close place to my heart. Not because I have experienced an intervention myself - or because I have had any "serious problems" to deal with. It strikes that close place to my heart because of a friend, whom happens to be near & dear to my heart. A friend that I worry about every day. She seems to be one of my main concerns in life right now.
I first met her in junior high school, and we grew to be very close. There's no need to go into details, because I would prefer to try and protect the said person. Now, I see what she is doing on her life. I see how she could be (and more then likely is) slowly killing herself. I see what she is doing, and I want to be there, to do what ever it takes to try and get her on the straight and narrow. Hell, I know that path is no fun - but I really don't want to lose her, like I've lost many before. At the moment, there really is nothing I can do. I am left to stand here, helpless like a lost kitten.
In the past few months, I have seen various friends face numerous trials - drug addictions, pregnancy, loss of family members... and so on. The beautiful thing of all those trials, is that most of them made the mature decision. They pulled it together, and now it's sorted. But, alas, this one person doesn't seem to be doing what everyone else has.
On more then one occasion in the last few months I have considered an intervention. But, I am left wondering if it is severe enough for that? Who would support it? Would it ruin everything, or would she understand why I am doing it? It sucks being this lost, and this hurts. I wish there was something that I could do.
I know in my heart that she needs me, but I am so overwhelmed at the moment. What can I do? Is there anything I can do?
C'est la vie? Bien, ce n'est pas la vie dans mes yeux.

No comments:
Post a Comment